The official forum of the Hongfire VH Translation Team.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

A bizzare problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrogFrozen

PostSubject: A bizzare problem.   6th January 2012, 6:41 am

I've played many RPG Maker game, as well as Japanese ones, but this is something I've not encountered before. The controls are completely messed up and I can't figure out why. I'll play different versions of the game, I'll play it without this English patch, plugging in my gamepad and using that, none of those seemed to work. Checked my locale setting and it was in Japanese, in the off chance that has something to do with it. I've looked at control guides saying Z, X, space, and the arrow keys are the controls.

Instead, Alt is confirm/interact, X/C are both deny/back, and no keys or buttons on my gamepad seem to work to make me move. Randomly tapping buttons/pressing keys rarely manages to make me move in one direction or another once. I'll try pressing the same button/key, but it never works a second time. I tried pressing things in certain orders, hitting them twice, or button combos, but it only seems to work when it wants to.

I have never encountered something like this, can't find anyone else with a similar issue, and can't find any solutions, so I've turned to several tech boards.

Also, I'm playing on the 111025 version with English translation for the 111025 version.

Edit: The problem seems to happen to all RPG Maker 2000 games, upon testing more things. It's gotta be 2K itself, rather than VH. That'll make this a lot easier to find help for.

2nd Edit: I got it working after more tinkering, it seems like it may be a problem with leaving my computer on for too long. The first test of any 2K games after the first restart was many hours because I'd needed sleep and I sleep for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A bizzare problem.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1