The official forum of the Hongfire VH Translation Team.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

the general "I can't get this game to work" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LaughingMan

PostSubject: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   23rd August 2010, 3:33 am

... even though I feel damn sure I am surrounded by very tech-savvy perverts anyways...

Yes, I can't get the game to work, and I know I have gotten it to work before, but I seem to have lost my download of whichever version of RPG maker 2000 that works for violated heroine, and the link on the OP of http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100606&page= doesn't work for the most recent translated version of VH.

Along with that, what else should be installed?

After I hopefully get these questions answered I will gleefully turn this post into an installation manual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malkav0

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   23rd August 2010, 5:18 am

The thing is, the link DO work =s You need RPGmaker 2000, the japanese RTP and the game. You might need an .exe fix to see japanese text properly in Rm2k if you're on windows XP, you can find the link in Moshix's signature on hongfire. Your pc needs to be set in japanese for non-unicode things. And that's all. Really, nothing magical. I don't thing the link are outdated, I used them a while ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hime Sama

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   23rd August 2010, 9:40 am

You don't even need RPG Maker 2000 to play it you just need the Japanese RTP
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tsundere.me
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   4th October 2010, 6:19 pm

How to fix the font issue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hihi

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   8th December 2010, 12:20 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem... I have the japanese RTP, but every time i start the game it changes black and I see a error (of course i can't read it). I have no idea what else i should try....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LaughingMan

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   20th January 2011, 9:20 pm

got everything working a long time ago and only now I look back at this thread.

ONE THING I NEED TO POINT OUT

WINDOWS 7

In order to get it working on windows 7, you need to do one particular thing:

In the installation folder, you must find RPG_RT.exe and make a SHORTCUT to it.

Right click it and select PROPERTIES.

In the TARGET field put this at the end: NormalPlay ShowTitle Window

An example: "C:\Users\(YOU)\(my games I guess, doesn't matter)\VH\VHゲーム01_110120 RX" NormalPlay ShowTitle Window

Make sure those quotes are there, and it should work (unless you want to play maximized, in which case I can't help you) and VOILA, you can now get raped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dickolo

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   26th January 2011, 4:58 pm

this happens when i start the game whit AGTH (i use ir according the guides of this postt http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189&page=1)

Spoiler:

note: i am not using applocate, i have set japanese for non unicode programs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hurpadurp

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   29th January 2011, 1:28 am

I need some help as well
I am using Applocale as well as compatibility mode and other things that this thread has said to do but It crashes on startup anytime.
Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackmesareject

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   1st February 2011, 4:01 am

I must be the only Linux user on this forum. Any ways it has taken me days to figure out how to get everything to work with linux, but now that I am able to run the RPG_RT.exe that was in the translation .7z file it presents me with a black screen with an error window that is titled VH - BlazedBallz. I click the little button that is in it and It goes away. And all i can say is what the fuck.

To do all of the processes described in this here forum for linux you need Wine and Winelocale. Wine is easy to get from the package manager, but you can find Winelocale at http://cinnamonpirate.com/ just do some digging and you will find it.

But seriously how do I fix the black screen of WTF. I tried the NormalPlay ShowTitle Window trick at the end of my Winelocal command and it would open up the VH program in a windowed mode, which is awesome, but the game does not run.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarkMegiddo

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   13th February 2011, 3:09 am

If anyone gets an lmt error, try this
------------------------------------------------------
1) i reboot my pc with japanese unicode ...
2) i unzip the last VH version (110208 ?) and the RTP2000jp (on the Kaede post) with the soft 7zip
I put all together, I modified the ini file and launch the game
same thing error with .lmt

after that i search what is .lmt and i find

3) I install RPG maker 2000 and rtp, put vh file in the project file.
i open it, i retry and it work.
------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Donky from Futanaripalace.com (not me)
I'm currently inquiring about if applocale will work instead of the reboot method in step 1
(EDIT: yes you can use applocale, and it will work)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wedding

PostSubject: wedding dresses   16th May 2011, 2:59 am

A significant save spring desinger <a href=" title="wedding dress">wedding dress</a> ,from the runway 2011! Purchase all kinds of quality <a href=" title="bridal gowns">bridal gowns</a> at wholesale cost appropriate now!
Back to top Go down
jsmith

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   26th July 2011, 11:15 am

Hey guys, i just downloaded this game for the fist time off of this site, i unzipped it using winzip, and thats as far as i got. I wasn't able to find any file marked .exe or setup. from reading these posts it seems like i'll need some additional programs, i'm running windows xp and i have to admite i'm not as tech savvy as the previouse posters

If anyone can direct me to the right programs it would be much appreciated, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnson

PostSubject: help   6th September 2011, 12:36 pm

Hello. I have a problem with start this game.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Ok sorry for this. I know what is the problem.

Last edited by Johnson on 9th February 2012, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my stupidity)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the general "I can't get this game to work" thread   

Back to top Go down

the general "I can't get this game to work" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1